Discovery issue

We are in the final stages of upgrading our workstations to Windows 7 and we’ve been having some interesting issues. We run a report of machines that are Windows XP that are ready for upgrade and we have noticed that some of the machines we have upgraded are showing up in the report for a while after they have been upgraded. Stranger yet, when you looked in the console, they would show up with the new OS, but when you looked at the resource explorer, they still had XP

After some research, I found that the console shows discovery data wheras the resource explorer shows inventory dataIf you run the query:

and notice that you are seeing Windows 7 boxes showing up with Windows XP. After consulting with Microsoft, this is something that is a known issue and the tables should sync automatically, so it’s time to wait….

%d bloggers like this: