This has been the week from hell. Our software update points have been having issues syncing for quite a while and we finally had to rip them out and reinstall them. We changed the configuration and use a shared database and content store for all the SUPs in a site.
This script will put all the site systems and their roles in an Excel spreadsheet.
I was discussing the use of single quotes with a colleague, Daniel Ratliff, and how to have a single quote show up in a string delimited by single quotes.
We were running low on disk space on our DP’s and I noticed we had a lot of packages with the “Copy the content in this package to a package share on distribution points” check box checked on packages that didn’t need it. This, as you probably know, causes the package to have 2 copies on each DP. The only time we needed this checked was on a package that was either referenced by a task sequence or had a deployment that ran from DP. So, I wrote a script that will fix this, based on the switches you use.
I was checking the We had a package that was stuck “In Progress” distributing content to a couple of our DP’s. It was the Client Upgrade Package.
We’re experiencing high utilization on our SQL servers and while working on that issue I learned some interesting things.
We are in the final stages of upgrading our workstations to Windows 7 and we’ve been having some interesting issues.