We’ve worked very hard to automate our environment where I work. As a part of that I’ve wrote a lot of PowerShell functions to perform various actions. I even went so far as to put together a module.
Copy Site Settings between sites
This post is for a coworker of mine, Daniel. He’s a smart cookie I work with and has a great blog, PotentEngineer. Here ya go my friend!
Couldn’t verify ‘C:\WINDOWS\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.cab’ authenticode signature. Return code 0x800b0109 in CCMSetup.log
We had some client’s having install issues this week, they were getting ‘Couldn’t verify authenticode signature’ entry in their ccmsetup.log:
Here are some tips on speeding up testing of deployments. Although I’ll be demonstrating creating a package, the same information will apply to applications and updates. In order to move things along, it helps to understand what is going on in the background, so we will focusing on that. I will assume you already have an understanding of creating packages and will not go into much detail there.
For the last two years, we’ve just had workstations in our SCCM environment, and now we are starting to bring in the servers. The server teams have a patching schedule and there are quite a few of them. They also change every month, they always relative to Patch Tuesday and have different reboot times. As … Read moreSet Maintenance Windows for Software Updates
The story Our distribution points were getting pretty full, and I wanted to see if I could clean them up before requesting more disk space. I wanted to go out and make sure we remove any packages that were on our DP’s and DP Groups that were not referenced by a task sequence or had … Read moreRemove Unreferenced packages from Distribution Points
We’ve had this issue where OSD starts to fail because the client’s can’t download the policy from the MP’s. We’d seen this in the past and it was caused by some kind of corruption where a package that was referenced by the task sequence was getting it’s policy updated in a table at one of our primary sites a few times a second.
We were seeing this error on our workstations saying the WSUS EULA not downloading:
COMAPI WARNING: ISusInternal::GetEulaText failed, hr=80240033
Today we had a package stuck downloading at 0%. It didn’t budge for hours.